Saturday, February 18, 2012

A New Day!

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken (Psalm 62:5-6, ESV)

I can honestly say that I have been shaken by much. There have been lessons learned and even relearned. I constantly ask God, again?? I know I can't be the only one but then I get in the flesh and I feel like the only one. This is when, once again, I turn to Him. He is my Rock. I shall not be shaken!!

I will start teaching "Where Was God When I Cried?" starting in March. To some students that are studying to be counselors. Interesting that He finds me able to do this. Actually, I am not able to do this. Only through Him am I able. 

For some time He has been my fortress. I can build my own and not let anyone in to include God the Father. The Lover of my soul. The one who loves me for me. He made me to be His. Even I close Him out, which is one of the things I do best. I can revert to my old self after being hurt and build that strong wall around me where I can't be hurt. Only thing is, I am hurt and all I am doing is licking my wounds. 

I have had a job. Lost a job and yet I am still standing. Actually, leaning right into His arms. There was a lesson in that. I found something I really enjoyed doing. So I will continue on in that field. I am currently preparing for another state exam. God has given me the time to do this. He is full of grace and mercy for me. I am undeserving of any that He has given to me but He continues to give it anyway! 

Jesus died for my salvation. He died so that I might have life in heaven with Him. With that He taught me forgiveness. He taught me love. He taught me to be open to what He has in store for me. I tell you all this because of something that happened. 

As I tell you this, don't think I am trivializing what Christ has done for all of us. Several weeks ago a puppy was found on a doorstep. Bruised and battered and in need of love and care. Have you ever felt like that and just didn't know who would take care of you?  He was at the right place at the right time. The right person found him! He was given medical attention and fed. He was given time to heal and allowed someone to love him. Does this sound familiar in your life? Well, the little fella really needed a permanent home. He needed someone who would continue to love him and take care of him. He need a place to call his own. His home. As many of you know, I have one of those hearts that can't stand to see anything hurt. Abuse outrages me. Off I hop in the mom mobile and go to get this sweet fella. To my surprise, he looked terrific. His temporary owner, Kathy, loved him back to a healthy life. Yes he had medicine but we all need love. We all need that Rock, Fortress and Salvation. I loaded that sweet  puppy in my car and brought him to his permanent home.  Rob, Lori and Carson will give him all that he had at Kathy's and what he was lacking prior to meeting Kathy. Kathy gave her all to Bean...I call him Schroeder. He is a maltese like my Linus. Thus the name Schroeder. The day he went to the vet, Dr Lambert, we were told he was healthy! He was healed from the disease he had. He jumped into Lori's arms and nuzzled with her, exactly where he belonged. He received the love he was so desperately looking for the night he was found on Kathy's brother's porch.  Are you where you belong? Today is a new day for new beginnings. That my dear friends is a gift from the Father. 

Medicine helped but love healed this fella. We can take all the pills in the world but you have to have the love. I couldn't have made it through my life without the love of so many. Especially with the love of Christ, I can endure all.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13


No comments:

Post a Comment